Monday, October 13, 2008

Where am I?

Interaction of the day:

A young woman comes up to the reference desk and says she can't locate a book that says it's on the shelf. I ask for the title. Type it in. Its not in our collection. I tell her this and tell her which branches it is at, offer to place a hold in order to have it shipped to our library.

She looks at me blankly and says, "But I'm in T____d. And you said its in at T____d. Why isn't it on the shelf?"

I explain that she's not in T_____d, but rather T_______n.

No she's not. She's in T____d.

I explain that T_____d is just down the road from us, but she is indeed in T______n. Which is not T____d.

Then I draw her a map of how to get to T____d.

She looks at it and says, "That's like a half a mile from my house. How did I get here?"

I don't know. But take yourself off to T____d. Please.

1 comment:

DeskSlave said...

What a f__l. It's amazing she can find her way out of her h____e. Or know her a_s from her e___w.