Saturday, October 20, 2012

Irony Meter Broken Again! And I just got it recalibrated!


I helped a patron get a bunch of audio books. Thrillers, mysteries, etc. Some of them were even those $#&! Recorded Books which cost a fortune. He seemed pretty happy with our selection and found four or five titles he wanted to check out. I went back to the desk, metaphorically patting myself on the back for a job well done. 

As a coda, he later came up and, completely out of the blue, told me that he hated taxes and government and that if people got to keep their money instead of having Obama take it all (that’s how he put it) people would build things and the country would be a greater place. I think I showed admirable restraint in not pulling the big stack of audio books from his hands and suggesting that he find a free market solution to his lack of audio books. 

No comments: