Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm Not Kidding, Sir

We don't have a copy of Dan Brown's latest opus on the shelf right now for you.
I realize it sold a million copies in the first 11 seconds it came out.
That's why we don't have a copy on the shelf right now. Yes, I know it's ridiculous. Yes we probably should have ordered more than the 80 zillion copies we did.* Ok, Thanks, You Too, Bye.



* In a year or so, somebody will be looking for a book by somebody with a name that puts them in the same time zone on the shelf as Dan Brown and they will complain that of course we don't have the book they want because we spend every dime on drek like Dan Brown, proving once again that we can't win.

1 comment:

shushie said...

We get this complaint often whenever a popular author writes a new title, usually the complaint is presented in a smarmy tone: "I notice you have ten copies of Alexander McCall Smith's last book, but would it kill you to have a single copy of his new one?!"
Why, coming right up sir! I'm so sorry I didn't personally call you to put your name first on the hold list three months ago.