Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Whole New Way To Get Grossed Out at The Library, Part 437

I’m not as squeemish as some and I have tried not to become a germophobe, like so many of the Purell-addicted lunatics around here. But today I felt like doing Purell shots and then soaking in a hot tub filled with Lysol for a few hours. Why? Because the woman who was just paying me for her print outs just COUGHED IN MY FACE. Her face was about two feet from mine as she proffered her tatty buck and suddenly cleared her "large breathing passages from secretions, irritants, foreign particles and microbes," as our friends on Wikipedia have so aptly put it.

I recoiled as though I had just been, well, COUGHED ON. “Don’t cough on me!” I said brusquely. Her look was as blank. I'm certain she had no idea that she had just done that. Luckily for all of us, her print out was not for a resume for a job in health care, just for a coupon from some chain restaurant.


No comments: